Saturday, August 31, 2019

Lost in You, Jesus. One With You, Jesus. 

Today, as I sat on the aft deck, yes, at the back of a big boat on floor twelve, suddenly a small bubble came floating past me having originated somewhere above me on deck 15. I went to the railing and watched the little bubble float towards the welcoming waves created by the ship’s wake. 

I began to pray deeply within my own heart knowing what was about to happen to the little bubble. This was my prayer: "Lord, I want to be lost in You like this little bubble is about to be lost in the mighty waters behind the ship. Lord, I want to be one with You like this little bubble is about to become one with the awesome sea behind the ship.”

Then it happened! I saw the miniature bubble lose itself in the massive ocean. I saw the solitary bubble become one with the mighty waters. It touched me deeply within. 

My mentor, James Spruill, taught me to pay attention to the seemingly "unsacred" things of your day. Why? Because with God anything and everything we experience can all-of-a-sudden prove to be simply, yet profoundly, God inviting us into deeper intimacy with Himself. 

It seems I hear a paraphrase of John 15 in my mind since watching the little bubble fall into the open arms of the ocean. Yes, it seems I hear my Lord saying: "I am the Almighty Sea and you are the little bubble. Find yourself lost in me. By becoming one with Me, you can know the holy wonder of life beyond all human comprehension." 

My soul cries out: "Yes, Lord, Yes!!!! To be One with You, is my deepest desire!!! Amen!!!"

Presence Matters Most! No Invisible People!

UNITY!

Pastor Kerry Willis (somewhere on the open sea between Alaska and Canada.) 


No comments: