Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Almighty Creator God, Part 2

Today, I cannot help but continue with Part 2 of yesterday’s blog titled "Almighty Creator God."

As our 39th wedding anniversary celebration voyage continued, around 10:30 a.m. on this very day, August 28, 2019, our ship pulled into an Alaskan glacier bay to view the world-renoun Hubbard Glacier. (I promise to post photos later next week after the journey, as my WiFi at sea is too weak for some reason to post on my blog.) Anyway, as we approached this gigantic glacier, it was a holy moment for our hearts. 

Even the cruise guide over the loud-speaker acknowledged Almighty Creator God with these words: "The world has ‘been made’ and is ‘still being made’. We are but in the morning of Creation." While her Words may not be completely biblical, here’s the undeniable point she was making: "Looking at this glacier, one can hardly deny a Creator!"

"By faith, we see the world called into existence by God’s word, what we see created by what we don’t see." Hebrews‬ ‭11:3‬ ‭MSG‬‬

We made history aboard the Celebrity Eclipse, today, in that, because of awesome weather, the ship’s captain was able to get the ship closer to the glacier than ever before. We could clearly see and especially hear the glacier "calving." "Calving" is like an avalanche on a glacier, but rather than snow falling down a mountain, ice falls from the glacier and becomes icebergs in the sea. The thunderous noise the glacier gave off reminded me of this verse in Scripture: 

"For we know that all creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time." Romans‬ ‭8:22‬ ‭NLT‬‬

The sound of a glacier "calving" is a glorious groan I will never forget as long as I live. As the glacier groaned, I felt more alive than ever. Glorious groaning, indeed. 

Here’s my takeaway from visiting the glacier: My Almighty Creator God not only created the glaciers, but He also created you and me. Truly, to be in the hands of the One Who made us and Who continues to makes us, is to be in Good Hands. Holy Hands. I am humbled and grateful. My Creator is so absolutely awesome. 

My Almighty Creator God: 

You are mighty, 

You are massive,

You are marvelous, 

You are miraculous. 

You are caring, 

You are Creator,

You are comfort,

You are compassionate.

You are alive,

You are absolute,

You are awesome,

You are Almighty.

You are incredible, 

You are intelligent,

You know where i am.

You are the Great I AM!

You are good,

You are great,

You are glorious,

Your are GOD, all by Yourself!!! 

Amen. Amen. Amen. 

Presence Matters Most! No Invisible People!

UNITY!

Pastor Kerry Willis 

No comments: