Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Volume 8: "Christmases Past"

"Whatever happened to yesterday.
It picked up our children
And stole them away..."

When it comes to remembering "What I Miss Most About Christmases Past", without doubt I miss being a little child and I miss my own children being little.

When you come to think about it, Christmas is all about a little Child -- The Christ Child. Maybe that's why having little children around during Christmastime makes the Holy Days seem a little bit Holier.

Think about it? What would a Nativity scene be without The Christ Child? It would be really sad. So, surely little children add gladness to our Christmases.

As much as I miss being a little child and having my own little children around at Christmastime, I am so totally grateful that the little child within me is still very much alive and wondrously well.

Yes, I still love all the lights and decorations of "Christmas Present". I have anticipated setting up our Nativity scenes -- the ones inside our house and the one lit up brightly on the front lawn. 

Watching Christmas movie classics continues to warm my heart. "A Charlie Brown Christmas" is especially a personal favorite of mine. You got it. "A Charlie Brown Christmas" overflows with ageless child characters and take it from me: being a child never grows old for my eternal soul.

Grateful

P.S. And, yes, I Still BELIEVE!





1 comment:

Mark Spruill said...

A Charlie Brown Christmas is one of my favorites too. Linus's speech in the theater almost makes me cry every time I see it. :-