Friday, August 31, 2012
-- Revelation 21:1-8 (GWT)
Click here: Heaven is Our Home - YouTube
You are our God. We are Your children. Heaven is our Home.
P.S. O how Jesus loves us, proven clearly in the fact that He became our Way of Escape from the Fiery Lake.
Thursday, August 30, 2012
It makes me smile to think there’s a grinning thief walking the golden streets of heaven who knows more about grace than a thousand theologians. No one else would have given the thief on the cross a prayer. But in the end that is all he had. And in the end, that is all it took! No wonder they call Jesus the Savior.
(42) Then he (one of the thieves/criminals on the cross beside Jesus) said to Jesus, “Lord, remember me when You come into Your kingdom.” (43) And Jesus said to him, “Assuredly, I say to you, today you will be with Me in Paradise.” -- Luke 23:42-43 (KJV)
Click here: WERE IT NOT FOR GRACE by LARNELLE HARRIS
As my pastor friend, Ron, says: I pray your day is amazingly graced!
Wednesday, August 29, 2012
As I carefully and prayerfully approached, I extended a sack of food and a fresh bottle of water to him in Jesus' name. I said tenderly, "Brother, would you like some food?" He came unglued. "I am not your brother!" Then he yelled to the top of his voice something about the devil and started to curse me violently saying, "I hate Christians and Christianity!"
Refusing the food, his arms began to flail in an attempt to back me away. It worked. It wasn't that I was tormented with fear, I just knew he wanted me away from him. Obviously, there was a spirit about him that was not at all happy to encounter me as a believer of The Living God. As I moved back towards my vehicle, I never turned my face from him and just gently and lovingly with an inviting voice spoke the name of Jesus over and over as he continued to curse me. "Jesus. Jesus. Jesus."
When I pulled away, I said to the Lord, "That hurt my heart." However, I continued to pray for that poor, lost soul, living along the highway like an abandoned animal. His pain, so much greater than mine, is still in my heart a day later.
As I journeyed home along the interstate highway, I sensed the Lord saying to me, "Do not underestimate how powerful repeating my name, 'Jesus', in that pitiful man's tormented presence over and over will affect the rest of his life. You will hear the rest of that story in heaven."
Last evening these verses were on my mind:
(6) The Lord is for me, so I will have no fear. What can mere people do to me? (7) Yes, the Lord is for me; He will help me. I will look in triumph at those who hate me. (8) It is better to take refuge in the Lord than to trust in people.
-- Psalm 118:6-8 (NLT)
Dear children, you belong to God. So you have won the victory over these people, because the One Who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world.
1 John 4:4 (GWT)
No fear exists where His love is. Rather, perfect love gets rid of fear, because fear involves punishment. The person who lives in fear doesn’t have perfect love.
-- 1 John 4:18 (GWT)
Love? Yes! Fear? Not!
Tuesday, August 28, 2012
-- Psalm 102:17 (GWT)
Lord, do not despise my prayers but take delight in them. O precious Holy Spirit, please pray nonstop, pleasing-to-God prayers through my life. In Jesus' name, I plead these petitions. Amen. and Amen.
Monday, August 27, 2012
Even at 51-years-old, I am amazed at how many life-issues confound me in such a way that I cannot "think my way through" them. More and more, I just find myself having to simply and profoundly decide whether or not I will "trust God totally" or not. Will I hold on tightly to the things that confuse me or will I surrender all things, all-the-time, to His care?
I have two thoughts on my mind right now. One of the thoughts is a line from an old hymn of the church, "I Surrender All". The line is "I will ever love and trust Him". My second immediate thought is a verse of Scripture that our family clung to in our faith-building days at Bible college in 1992-1994. The Scripture was and still is 1 Peter 5:7 (NKJV) -- ... casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you.
Click here: I Cast All My Cares Upon Him Maranatha kids
"GOD KNOWS! GOD CARES!"
Lord, let it be said of me that I trusted You totally at all times!
Sunday, August 26, 2012
-- The Apostle Paul as recorded in 1 Corinthians 7:7-9 (The Message)
Thanks You God for Your good and unique gifts given to Your children.
Saturday, August 25, 2012
I am overwhelmed with joy in the Lord my God! For He has dressed me with the clothing of salvation and draped me in a robe of righteousness. I am like a bridegroom in His wedding suit or a bride with her jewels.
-- Isaiah 61:10 (NLT)
A lifetime covenant relationship between and a bridegroom, his bride, and their God is such a blessing. I am humbled... I am...
Friday, August 24, 2012
(1) Don’t worry about the wicked or envy those who do wrong. (2) For like grass, they soon fade away. Like spring flowers, they soon wither. (3) Trust in the Lord and do good. Then you will live safely in the land and prosper. (4) Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you your heart’s desires. (5) Commit everything you do to the Lord. Trust him, and he will help you. (6) He will make your innocence radiate like the dawn, and the justice of your cause will shine like the noonday sun. (7) Be still in the presence of the Lord, and wait patiently for him to act. Don’t worry about evil people who prosper or fret about their wicked schemes. (8) Stop being angry! Turn from your rage! Do not lose your temper— it only leads to harm. (9) For the wicked will be destroyed, but those who trust in the Lord will possess the land. (10) Soon the wicked will disappear. Though you look for them, they will be gone. (11) The lowly will possess the land and will live in peace and prosperity. (12) The wicked plot against the godly; they snarl at them in defiance. (13) But the Lord just laughs, for he sees their day of judgment coming. (14) The wicked draw their swords and string their bows to kill the poor and the oppressed, to slaughter those who do right. (15) But their swords will stab their own hearts, and their bows will be broken. (16) It is better to be godly and have little than to be evil and rich. (17) For the strength of the wicked will be shattered, but the Lord takes care of the godly. (18) Day by day the Lord takes care of the innocent, and they will receive an inheritance that lasts forever. (19) They will not be disgraced in hard times; even in famine they will have more than enough. (20) But the wicked will die. The Lord’s enemies are like flowers in a field— they will disappear like smoke. (21) The wicked borrow and never repay, but the godly are generous givers. (22) Those the Lord blesses will possess the land, but those he curses will die. (23) The Lord directs the steps of the godly. He delights in every detail of their lives. (24) Though they stumble, they will never fall, for the Lord holds them by the hand. (25) Once I was young, and now I am old. Yet I have never seen the godly abandoned or their children begging for bread. (26) The godly always give generous loans to others, and their children are a blessing. (27) Turn from evil and do good, and you will live in the land forever. (28) For the Lord loves justice, and he will never abandon the godly. He will keep them safe forever, but the children of the wicked will die. (29) The godly will possess the land and will live there forever. (30) The godly offer good counsel; they teach right from wrong. (31) They have made God’s law their own, so they will never slip from his path. (32) The wicked wait in ambush for the godly, looking for an excuse to kill them. (33) But the Lord will not let the wicked succeed or let the godly be condemned when they are put on trial. (34) Put your hope in the Lord. Travel steadily along his path.He will honor you by giving you the land. You will see the wicked destroyed. (35) I have seen wicked and ruthless people flourishing like a tree in its native soil. (36) But when I looked again, they were gone! Though I searched for them, I could not find them! (37) Look at those who are honest and good, for a wonderful future awaits those who love peace. (38) But the rebellious will be destroyed; they have no future. (39) The Lord rescues the godly; he is their fortress in times of trouble. (40) The Lord helps them, rescuing them from the wicked. He saves them, and they find shelter in him.
-- Psalm 37:1-40 (NLT)
God's Word offers us immediate directions and inspirational promises.
Thursday, August 23, 2012
-- Henri Nouwen
Click here: Rich Mullins: The just shall live - YouTube
As God's beloved children, let's live by faith in Him,
...not by our own feelings or every whim.
Wednesday, August 22, 2012
-- Isaiah 61:3 (NLT)
Lord, as I ask for undeniable awareness of Your Holy Presence in my life today, Your words recorded in Isaiah 61:3 are on my mind. Indeed, You are the Good God Who truly gives Your beauty for our ashes. It's true in my own life's testimony. Everything I have placed on your altar, You have immediately turned into ashes and in return You have ultimately presented back to me gifts of Your beauty. Most of all, You have taken my sin, turned it into ashes, and presented back to me Your Holiness. So, for this new day, I trust You to continue giving me beauty for ashes. Give me undeniable awareness that You are still here and still doing this, not only in my own life, but also in the lives of those You place along my pathway of intercessory prayer. In Jesus name, I ask continuously for Your indescribable mercies. Amen.
Click here: Beauty For Ashes - Crystal Lewis & Ron Kenoly - YouTube
Holiness Unto The LORD!
Tuesday, August 21, 2012
(I'm) in (my) room singing Desert Song by Hillsong. It's on repeat. Lord, Jesus please comfort me, guide me and heal my broken heart.
Click here: desert song- Hillsong ( Lyrics) - YouTube
He is the healer of the brokenhearted.
He is the one who bandages their wounds.
-- Psalm 147:3 (GWT)
Jesus, You are the One Who heals our broken hearts.
Yes, You are our Victory and You are here with us in every season.
Monday, August 20, 2012
Click here: Breathe - Michael W. Smith - YouTube
Your Holy Presence Living in Me!
Sunday, August 19, 2012
Lord, please overwhelm life's complexities and give to me Your overcoming power and Your underlying peace... for today and for forever. In Jesus' name. Amen.
Click here: God Be in My Head - Jared Anderson - YouTube
Lord, speak nonstop to my soul, "Peace be still".
Saturday, August 18, 2012
(21) Then Peter came to Jesus and asked him, “Lord, how often do I have to forgive a believer who wrongs me? Seven times?” (22) Jesus answered him, “I tell you, not just seven times, but seventy times seven. (23) “That is why the kingdom of heaven is like a king who wanted to settle accounts with his servants. (24) When he began to do this, a servant who owed him millions of dollars was brought to him. (25) Because he could not pay off the debt, the master ordered him, his wife, his children, and all that he had to be sold to pay off the account. (26) Then the servant fell at his master’s feet and said, ‘Be patient with me, and I will repay everything!’ (27) “The master felt sorry for his servant, freed him, and canceled his debt. (28) But when that servant went away, he found a servant who owed him hundreds of dollars. He grabbed the servant he found and began to choke him. ‘Pay what you owe!’ he said. (29) “Then that other servant fell at his feet and begged him, ‘Be patient with me, and I will repay you.’ 30 But he refused. Instead, he turned away and had that servant put into prison until he would repay what he owed. (31) “The other servants who worked with him saw what had happened and felt very sad. They told their master the whole story. (32) “Then his master sent for him and said to him, ‘You evil servant! I canceled your entire debt, because you begged me. (33) Shouldn’t you have treated the other servant as mercifully as I treated you?’(34) “His master was so angry that he handed him over to the torturers until he would repay everything that he owed. (35) That is what my Father in heaven will do to you if each of you does not sincerely forgive other believers.”
-- Matthew 18:21-35 (GWT)
Peter was concerned about the count, Christ about the heart.
-- Martin LaBar
Lord, totally forgive us our trespasses as we truly forgive others!
Friday, August 17, 2012
-- James Spruill
"I am the Way!"
-- Words of Jesus in John 14:6
“Look! The Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!"
-- Words of John the Baptist about Jesus recorded in John 1:29b
Go and sin no more. -- Jesus
Thursday, August 16, 2012
-- Henri Nouwen
But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes to you. Then you will be My witnesses to testify about Me in Jerusalem, throughout Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.
- Words of Jesus recorded in Acts 1:8 (GWT)
I'll Be Your Good News Witness, Lord!
Wednesday, August 15, 2012
Usain Bolt is back. Racing against a star-studded field in which every qualifier ran faster than 10 seconds in the semifinal, Bolt (from Jamacia) successfully defended his 2008 gold medal in the 100 meters by setting a new Olympic record of 9.63 seconds. "I executed, and that's the key," Bolt told reporters after celebrating his fourth career gold medal with a victory lap. "I stopped worrying about the start. The end is what's important."
But the one who endures to the end will be saved.
-- Mathew 24:13 (NLT)
Let us finish the race focused on Jesus.
Tuesday, August 14, 2012
In the old rugged Cross, stained with blood so divine,
A wondrous beauty I see,
For the dear Lamb of God, left his Glory above,
To pardon and sanctify me.
Jesus died to pardon our sins -- our acts and deeds of rebellion -- and to purify our Sin -- our attitudes and dispositions of rebellion.
But if we confess our sins to Him, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all wickedness.
-- 1 John 1:9 (NLT)
Lord, thanks for saving and for sanctifying me.
Monday, August 13, 2012
Weeping may endure through the night but joy cometh in the morning. -- Psalm 30:5b
Lord, let my life bring joy to your heart.
Sunday, August 12, 2012
A lot will be expected from everyone who has been given a lot. More will be demanded from everyone who has been entrusted with a lot.
-- Luke 12:48b (GWT)
In light of the enormous expectation packed into Luke 12:48b, I am glad for the powerful promise found in this verse:
It is God who produces in you the desires and actions that please Him. -- Philippians 2:13 (GWT)
By Faith! In Faith! (Hebrews 11)
Saturday, August 11, 2012
-- Luke 17:20-21 (GWT)
Lord, help me to remember that Your Kingdom is within me. I desire personal relationship with You, my King, over public usefulness to people. Three things I ask of You for my life:
(1) Intimacy -- to know ever-increasing oneness with You in prayer.
(2) Vulnerability -- to be a real believer, so that others will know You are my Life.
(3) Longevity -- to trust in You alone over the long haul.
Lord, I want my life to be my argument, yes the greatest convincer that You are good. In Jesus name. Amen.
Friday, August 10, 2012
Click here: What do I know of Holy? - Addison Road - YouTube
Holiness Unto The LORD!
Thursday, August 9, 2012
Your tears flow from God's cheeks. He has known about this cancer (or your problem) far longer than you. He is grieved beyond our poor ability to understand. He holds you close, as you weep together. No heartache, no suffering, no disappointment that we experience has not fully pained our Savior. Not only does He suffer with us, He comforts us with His tears.
It is too easy to say, "God's grace is sufficient." However, God's grace is sufficient. The more difficult our path, the clearer it becomes that God's grace is sufficient. We are unable to do much, unable to comprehend, unable to plan the future because of our limited knowledge and perspective. God does all of that.
You are part of God's incredible plans, you have been walking by faith, you have been trusting God and He has performed the impossible with such regularity that impossibility has lost its meaning! God is not on vacation, He is with you moment by moment. He is your strength. He is your portion forever.
Amen & Amen.Grateful
Wednesday, August 8, 2012
(35) Jesus went to all the towns and villages. He taught in the synagogues and spread the Good News of the kingdom. He also cured every disease and sickness. (36) When He saw the crowds, He felt sorry for them. They were troubled and helpless like sheep without a shepherd. (37) Then He said to his disciples, “The harvest is large, but the workers are few. (38) So ask the Lord who gives this harvest to send workers to harvest his crops.”
-- Matthew 9:35-38 (GWT)
I personally added this comment beneath my own August 3, 2012 blog post: Lord, please give us tender tears of compassion for one another and then maybe we will learn to cry for the whole world one-soul-at-a-time. In Jesus' name. Amen.
Click here: Brandon Heath - Give Me Your Eyes (lyrics) - YouTube
Give me Your eyes, Lord!
Tuesday, August 7, 2012
Nicholas has been talking about baptism a lot lately and I think he has a good understanding. A few months ago when we were camping we tubed down a river. Nicholas and I were floating together and we were talking about being washed clean. I told him about baptism and what it means to let others know about the decision you have made to be a follower of Jesus with your whole heart, body, and soul. I guess I probably used some big words. When I asked him to tell me in his own words what he thought it meant – he said, “I can’t remember those big words you used Mom, but I think it means that I tell everyone that Nicholas is not in control of Nicholas anymore, but God is in control of Nicholas”.
Out of the mouths of babes…
Click here: Twila Paris - God Is In Control - YouTube
The words of this hymn, "My Wonderful Lord," also come to mind:
"I have found a deep peace that I never had known,
And a joy this world could not afford.
Since I yielded control of my body and soul,
To my wonderful, wonderful Lord."
I am so glad we can "yield control' to God.
Monday, August 6, 2012
Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves.
A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.
-- Ecclesiastes 4:12 (NIV 1984)
Grateful for three-stranded longevity -- God, husband, and wife.
Billy and Melba's oldest son I am
Sunday, August 5, 2012
-- Words of Jesus recorded in Matthew 5:43-48 (GWT)
The Holy Spirit must dwell in the Christian, bringing us to the full experience of the life of God.
-- Andrew Murray
Because Holy God calls us to inward holiness, a continuous work of the Holy Spirit of God within us is absolutely necessary.
-- William Law paraphrased
Come, Holy Spirit, I need Thee!
Saturday, August 4, 2012
"Today, is the day, YOU have made.
I will rejoice, I'm glad in it.!"
My soul began to leap within me.
Unless we become as little children...
Friday, August 3, 2012
-- Andrew Murray
(1) When Pentecost, the fiftieth day after Passover, came, all the believers were together in one place. (4a) All the believers were filled with the Holy Spirit...
-- Acts 2:1&4a (GWT)
Let's be one in the Spirit of God's Love.
Thursday, August 2, 2012
They will be satisfied.
-- Matthew 5:6 (GWT)
Are you hungry for holiness today? More than just working for the kingdom are you worshipping the King? As we live in a right relationship with Holy God, let's be encouraged by this line from a great old hymn of the church:
Lead on, O King Eternal, till sin’s fierce war shall cease,
and holiness shall whisper the sweet amen of peace.
-- “Lead On, O King Eternal” by Ernest W. Shurtleff
Holiness unto The LORD!
Wednesday, August 1, 2012
(16) We never give up. Our bodies are gradually dying, but we ourselves are being made stronger each day. (17) These little troubles are getting us ready for an eternal glory that will make all our troubles seem like nothing. (18) Things that are seen don’t last forever, but things that are not seen are eternal. That’s why we keep our minds on the things that cannot be seen.
-- 2 Corinthians 4:16-18 (CEV)
By Faith! In Faith! (Hebrews 11)