Friday, December 13, 2013

"Finally, In The Boat" -- A Testimony

I recently received this inspiring testimony in the form of an early morning e-mail message from one of the men who prays with me and my Pastor's Prayer Patrol on Tuesday mornings.

His name is Scott, and he gave me his blessing to share his words with the world. Here's some of what he wrote:

Pastor Kerry, 

Having been raised the way you were as the son of a fisherman, this thought that keeps resonating inside me may seem very simplistic, even so I would like to share it with you...

I AM FINALLY IN THE BOAT!!!  Years and years of just being "saved", being dragged along,  hanging on to my Christian life preserver. Swallowing salt water, being battered by the wake of life's debris, foolishly having thought that being out on the water was were the fun is.

My arms were so tired of just being "saved", of just hanging on.

Then Jesus beckoned me from the boat, saying "get in".  This is your boat,  Scott,  I OWN it but I will let you steer it and not only will I let you steer it, I will be WITH you as Lord and Master, guiding you around and/or through all of the trials and joys of life.

Thank you Pastor Kerry, for helping me see my MASTER and COMMANDER.

Grateful

No comments: