Sunday, December 1, 2013

Volume 5: "Christmases Past"

I know that memory can be burdensome sometimes, but it can be a beautiful thing as well. In this spontaneous writing endeavor, I choose to focus on beautiful memories -- specifically, "What I Miss Most About Christmases Past".

So, what do I miss most about Christmases Past? I truly miss seeing our little children take part in a live Bethlehem nativity presentation in the yearly church Christmas pageant.

My memory has a lovely picture stored away of our little boy decked out like a shepherd, complete with a bathrobe, a cloth head-dress, and a stuffed sheep under his arm. Then, there's our little daughter. She's wearing a tinsel-decorated, white angel's outfit with a halo made of shiny-gold garland scotch-taped around her head.

Seeing our own children in a humble, live nativity made the birth of a Savior more personal for me. 

Yes, "For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son", however, knowing "God included my own family" in that amazing love, simply and profoundly takes my breath away. 

In this instance, memory is indeed a very beautiful thing to me. 

Grateful

No comments: