Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Volume 20: "Christmases Past"

I really miss Christmas-evening-visiting-time from my childhood days. Yes, when I was a boy, after our family Christmas meal, we would ride in the Pontiac around the island, looking at Christmas lights, and spontaneously visiting a few homes of family and friends.

I remember how relaxing and carefree the final hours of Christmas Day were. Finally, after plenty of laughter and various desserts from home-to-home, Christmas Day came to a slow and wonder-filled close. Shortly after sunset, the holiday rush always gave way to the holy day hush. With only a few hours left to celebrate Christmas, we would settle back into our own home and just sit in the living room enjoying the presence of one another as the decorations and lights continued to inspire our souls.

As I write these words, it is the end of Christmas Day 2013. We're all sort of laying around in our living room. The dog has taken over my comfy chair, the lights and decorations seem to be embracing our hearts, and we know we are blessed beyond measure.

As my day comes to a close, and December 26 will soon arrive, I pray a special prayer for you as you have taken valuable time to read my simple words. Having celebrated the Birthday of the most Wonderful Baby this world has ever known or will ever know, Jesus Christ, I now ask our Awesome King Jesus to be your Hope. As this Holy Day comes to an end, may you be encouraged in realizing that while Jesus is the Season, you are truly the reason He came to Bethlehem some 2,000 years ago. 

O yeah, and I know He wants me to tell you something very important: "He's not mad at you. He's mad about you."

Grateful

No comments: