Sunday, December 29, 2013

Volume 22: "Christmases Past"

People who say Christmas is no different than any other time of the year are badly mistaken or sadly deceived, or both.

During December, the remembrance of the Birth of God's Son Who came to become one of us is on display. As I drive in my vehicle at night during December, I see many unique and brightly-lit Nativity scenes scattered across front lawn landscapes. Only at Christmastime does the Light of The World unashamedly glow so wondrously in our neighborhoods as a welcoming witness of the One called Wonderful -- The Christ Child.

Among the many things I miss most about "Christmases Past" is the innocent wonder that inspired my childlike soul and illuminated my young mind. I guess you could say, yes, one thing I miss most about "Christmases Past" is just being a young boy.

However, during this "Christmas Present", I purposely pause to give my deep gratitude to God, because even as a man, I know the Bethlehem Boy and the little boy are both still very much alive within me. So, Christmas, like no other time of the year, helps to reveal that reality.

Grateful

2 comments:

Billy Logan said...

Though I am younger, my soul agrees with every word! Peace and prayers to ya man as you spend New Years with your momma and daddy.
Love ya

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

I feel ya bro.