Friday, January 7, 2011

Weeping & Rejoicing

One of my blogging buddies, Mark, entered a wonderful comment after reading my It Broke God's Heart blog post yesterday. His comment so touched me that I am posting it as today's blog post:

I read the "Jesus Wept" verse just the other day (John 11:35). It's the shortest verse in the KJV, but if the verses had been in the original Greek it would be 1Thessalonians 5:16 -- "Rejoice Always."

What a comforting contrast! Thanks Mark. It beautifully led my heart to embrace another comforting passage:

Weeping may endure for a night,
But joy comes in the morning.

-- Psalm 30:5 (NKJV)

Yes, Lord, this song does seem appropriate in my mind now:
Click > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfASgMH7FHw&feature=related

Count It All Joy! James 1:2 (NKJV)
Grateful

4 comments:

James Spruill said...

I am blessed. "who for the joy set before him...." Thanks! jfs

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

Let JOY bells bring us near to the Shepherd's heart.

Mark Spruill said...

Thanks for the post!

Mark

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

Count it "ALL JOY"!