Sunday, January 30, 2011

There's Power in the Blood

I awoke this morning with a verse of Scripture on my mind, Galatians 2:20, and an old hymn of the church in my heart, There's Power in the Blood.

Galatians 2:20 is a foundational verse for my life:
I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. (NIV)

The words and music of the hymn in my heart were written by Lewis E. Jones in 1899. He wrote There's Power in the Blood at a camp meet­ing at Mount­ain Lake Park, Maryland:

Would you be free from the burden of sin?
There’s power in the blood, power in the blood;
Would you o’er evil a victory win?
There’s wonderful power in the blood.

Refrain
There is power, power, wonder working power
In the blood of the Lamb;
There is power, power, wonder working power
In the precious blood of the Lamb.

Would you be free from your passion and pride?
There’s power in the blood, power in the blood;
Come for a cleansing to Calvary’s tide;
There’s wonderful power in the blood.

Refrain

Would you be whiter, much whiter than snow?
There’s power in the blood, power in the blood;
Sin stains are lost in its life giving flow.
There’s wonderful power in the blood.

Refrain

Would you do service for Jesus your King?
There’s power in the blood, power in the blood;
Would you live daily His praises to sing?
There’s wonderful power in the blood.

Refrain

Crucified with You, My Christ, I find Power in Your Blood, my One and Only Source for Life Everlasting. Amen!
Grateful

2 comments:

KLW said...

When you speak of the blood of Jesus, you speak of authority. When you speak of the blood of Jesus, you speak of an eternal covenant that cannot be reversed by Satan. It is our rock, our wedding ring, our sacrifice forever.

The full impact of the blood, then, is this: You have entered into a covenant relationship with the God of the universe and you have been absolved of all your sin, your moral debt, your shame and your guilt.

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

His Blood is surely His Bond.