Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Fully Trust Without Fully Understanding

Proverbs 3, verses 5 and 6 have been chasing my heart for many years, but in the last few months the Lord has absolutely been using Proverbs 3:5 to tell me what He totally expects from me as a fully devoted believer in His Name. Hear the verse, then I'll explain further:

Trust in the LORD with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding.
--Proverbs 3:5 (NLT)

In light of these words, the Lord is telling me to fully trust in Him and His Goodness, even when, especially when, I cannot fully understand what's going on and what He's up to.

So I pray: Loving Lord, I want to be a believer who fully trusts in You and Your ways, especially when I have no idea what's happening. I want to be willing to wait for Your revelation in every situation of life. In the Name of Jesus. Amen.

By Faith! In Faith! (Hebrews 11)
Grateful

2 comments:

Mark Spruill said...

Thanks. I needed that. :)

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

ALL JOY, Mark! Thanks for sharing. You and your loved ones are in my prayers.