Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Beware of Leanness in Your Soul

If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you.
-- Words of Jesus in John 15:7 (NKJV)

When we learn to pray in the Holy Spirit, we find there are things for which we cannot pray, there is a sense of restraint. Never push and say, "I know it is God's will and I am going to stick to it." Beware, remember what is recorded of the children of Israel in Psalm 106:15 (NKJV): "And He gave them their request, But sent leanness (a lack of richness) into their soul." Let the Holy Spirit teach you what He is driving at and learn not to grieve Him. If we are abiding in Jesus Christ, we shall ask what He wants us to ask, whether we are conscious of doing so or not.
-- Oswald Chambers

And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God...
Ephesians 4:30a (NKJV)

Lord as I think on Psalm 37:4, this is my prayer:
I want to delight in You, not demand of You!

This old hymn sung by CeCe Winans is on my heart:
Click >
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IAz9artoBw

I Surrender All.
Grateful

8 comments:

James Spruill said...

Good Word! jfs

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

Iwant to delight in Him, not demand from Him.

Anonymous said...

PK, all is well with me, Passion gave me a new perspective on everything and the way I see Jesus. this blog hit the core of my heart's desire right now. The situation at home is not anywhere near positive but God is faithful and I trust that it will all bring Glory to His name in the end.
Much Love, BL

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

I pray that you will know God's whisper as the desire of your heart. Continue to trust Him, be his partner in a miracle for your present and future, and as I tell my own family Please Love Jesus Passionately. Blessings, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

KLW said...

The first step down into leanness in the soul is to stop abiding in Jesus Christ our Lord. When one stops abiding, the mind becomes full. The second step down into leanness in the soul is to leave your first love of other things. The third step down into leanness in the soul is that the Lord is no longer high and lifted up. Our problems are now become our king.

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

Abiding in Him is the holy secret of knowing richness in our souls.

Martin LaBar said...

I hope that I have truly surrendered all. Thanks.

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

I've been told that "hope" for the believer means "know". :-)