Friday, January 28, 2011

Make Me Thine Forever

My friend, Jim, introduced me a few years ago to a very old hymn of the church titled O Sacred Head Now Wounded. The lyrics point beautifully to our Beloved Jesus and the indescribable way He Loved us until death.

The final words of that tried-and-true tune have been on my mind for much of this week:

Lord, make me Thine forever,
And should I fainting be?
Lord, let me never ever,
Outlive my love for Thee!

My Jesus, I love You so much, because You first Loved me... TOO MUCH!
Grateful

2 comments:

Martin LaBar said...

Music by Bach, I believe it was. Great words, too.

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

Wonderful tune. Sounds like Bach to me. At this link http://jimcoleonline.com/store.htm you can scroll down and hear a sampling of the song from my singing friend, Jim Cole.