Monday, January 3, 2011

Do You Really Expect God to Answer?

Two verses in the New Testament Book of James really challenged my faith recently:

(6) But when you ask Him, be sure that you really expect Him to answer, for a doubtful mind is as unsettled as a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind. (7) People like that should not expect to receive anything from the Lord.
--James 1:6-7 (NLT)

In the wake of these two verses, I can only cry out with the father who came to Jesus on behalf of his demon-possessed boy. Yes with him I echo...

"I do believe, but help me not to doubt!"
-- Mark 9:24 (NLT)

Perhaps this "Third Day" classic song will encourage:
Click > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeGNgBwPTMA

Lord, add to my feeble faith an abundance of anticipation, yes an enhanced expectation that believes when I cry out? You will answer! In Jesus' Name. Amen.

By Faith! In Faith! (Hebrews 11)
Grateful

No comments: