Saturday, March 20, 2010

Stand Silent! Know God!

Stand silent! Know that I am God! -- Psalm 46:10 (TLB)

Unless we live our lives entering and reentering the rhythm of Psalm 46:10, we will become desperately, driven people, running all over the place without divine direction.


Isaiah 30:15-18 (NLT) -- (15) The Sovereign LORD, the Holy One of Israel, says, "Only in returning to Me and waiting for Me will you be saved. In quietness and confidence is your strength. But you would have none of it. (16) You said, ‘No, we will get our help from Egypt. They will give us swift horses for riding into battle.’ But the only swiftness you are going to see is the swiftness of your enemies chasing you! (17) One of them will chase a thousand of you. Five of them will make all of you flee. You will be left like a lonely flagpole on a distant mountaintop." (18) But the LORD still waits for you to come to Him so He can show you His love and compassion. For the LORD is a faithful God. Blessed are those who wait for Him to help them.

Lord, I want to live the perfectly balanced life. I want to stand silent and know You, I do not want to run swiftly and drive past You. I want to saturate in Your Holy Presence, for I am weak but You are strong. In everything I think, say, and do? Be my Great, All-Powerful God and my Gentle, Ever-Present Guide! In the name of Jesus. Amen.

IF MY PEOPLE... WILL? I WILL! God's Promise in 2 Chron. 7:14.
Grateful

1 comment:

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

My friend Jon from up around the northwest region of Lake Michigan sent me an e-mail today with this inspiring portion included: "...my favorite and most personally meaningful translation of Psalm 46:10a (NASB): "Cease striving and know that I am God." Grateful for that Word, Jon!