Wednesday, March 10, 2010

An Extra Anchor

As the oldest son of a shrimp boat captain, I have spent a lot of time on the storm-tossed sea with my Daddy. At times, in an attempt to escape the angry ocean waves, Daddy would steer the vessel into an inlet and drop the anchor on a hard bottom. In especially threatening weather, my Daddy would drop an extra anchor over the side just to reinforce our survival and to give additional peace to his son.

Seven words from Psalm 27:14 in the Message Paraphrase of the Holy Bible are serving as an extra anchor -- additional peace -- for my somewhat storm-tossed soul today:

STAY WITH YAHWEH.
TAKE HEART.
DON'T QUIT.

Abba Father, Daddy Daddy, I know there is no human substitute for Your Holy Spirit. In life's stormy weather, let Your Faithful Holy Spirit hold my faith fast. In the name of Jesus, I ask it. Amen.

IF MY PEOPLE... WILL? I WILL! God's Promise in 2 Chron. 7:14.
Grateful

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

These words are definitely assuring! Thanks for placing these words as an anchor into my life.

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

The Lord is our Helper! Our Pilot in the Storms of Life!

Martin LaBar said...

That's an amazing rendering.

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

Speaks straight to your heart, heh?

James Spruill said...

Thanks for a good word. I am so glad to be anchored in Jesus. Anchored in the Rock of Ages.jfs

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

He is The Solid Rock, so the anchor of faith doesn't drag bottom.