Monday, March 22, 2010

Looking Like The Gardener?

Rev. Bill Wilson planted this thought in my mind a few years ago:

Did you ever think that maybe the Resurrected Jesus came back in appearance on that first Easter Morning looking like "the Gardener" (to Mary Magdalene) so He could help us through the agony of our own Gethsemanes?

John 20:11-18 (NLT) -- (11) Mary was standing outside the tomb crying, and as she wept, she stooped and looked in. (12) She saw two white-robed angels sitting at the head and foot of the place where the body of Jesus had been lying. (13) "Why are you crying?" the angels asked her. "Because they have taken away my Lord," she replied, "and I don’t know where they have put Him." (14) She glanced over her shoulder and saw Someone standing behind her. It was Jesus, but she didn’t recognize Him. (15) "Why are you crying?" Jesus asked her. "Who are you looking for?" She thought He was the gardener. "Sir," she said, "if You have taken Him away, tell me where You have put him, and I will go and get Him." (16) "Mary!" Jesus said. She turned toward Him and exclaimed, "Teacher!" (17) "Don’t cling to Me," Jesus said, "for I haven’t yet ascended to the Father. But go find My brothers and tell them that I Am ascending to My Father and your Father, My God and your God." (18) Mary Magdalene found the disciples and told them, "I have seen the Lord!" Then she gave them His message.

IF MY PEOPLE... WILL? I WILL! God's Promise in 2 Chron. 7:14.
Grateful

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Why would Jesus say, "Don't cling to me" if he stayed for 40 days after?

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

I guess He answers it in verse 17.

pastor paul said...

Mary not recognizing Jesus makes me wonder about the times that Jesus was near to me and I did not recognize Him. I think it is certainly possible that I could not see Him because I wasn't seeking the Savior like Mary was. But Praise God! I heard the voice of Jesus one day like Mary did. I was seeking and I heard Jesus call my name. Praise Him!

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

Raise His Praise! He is a Personal and Precious Redeemer! He knows my name, too.

Aprille said...

What a beautiful thought, The Gardener, my Gardener.

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

Let's expect the fruit of His Precious Holy Spirit to grow plentifully. :-)