Friday, March 26, 2010

obeDiEnce

Do you see the two, simple-but-profound, one-syllable words at the very heart of obeDiEnce? "i DiE!"

If I am to become the perfect will of God, that is, wholly obedient to His Holy Desires, my will must become one in crucifixion with the will of Jesus. I must personally echo His Gethsemane prayer of total surrender to the Father: Nevertheless, not my will, but thine be done.

Galatians 2:20 (NKJV) -- I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.

1 Samuel 15:22 (NKJV) -- ...Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice...

Lord, I want to be wholly obedient to Your Holy Desires! Help me to know that obeying You is an overflowing joy, not an overwhelming job. In the name of Jesus. Amen.

IF MY PEOPLE... WILL? I WILL! God's Promise in 2 Chron. 7:14.
Grateful

6 comments:

pastor paul said...

Amazing discovery brother! You have an eye and heart for detail. True "Obedience" is DEATH to oneself for the sake of Christ. Amen!

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

It's Galatians 2:20 for me.

Martin LaBar said...

That's a great observation!

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

Dead to SiN. AlIve In ChrIst!

Unknown said...

EASTER MEANS HE LIVES!!

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

AMEN..."it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me..."