Tuesday, April 28, 2020

"A Gentle Whisper" and My Daddy’s Voice

Today, i posted these next two paragraphs on my Facebook page: 

Our Lord still speaks. Trouble is we often have too little faith to believe some of the seemingly little things He actually says. Let’s not forget how Elijah finally heard God speak in 1 Kings 9:12b -- "...a gentle whisper..."

Lord, Your voice is my reward. So far today I’ve heard you say three things: 1. Mail handwritten cards to pastors. 2. Write a hopeful letter to someone behind bars. 3. Surprise the two trash men by blessing them.

When i came to write my blog, i sensed that i wanted to share those two paragraphs here, however i want to also add just a little more to it.

Since my dad went to be present with the Lord in 2014, the thing i miss most is his voice. i am a debtor to Verizon, my phone company, in that i still have a voice-mail recording of my Dad’s voice from December 9, 2012. i wish i could play it for you. But then you would see me cry tears of joy, because i know and i love my Daddy’s voice and i know i will hear it again -- not recorded -- but more alive than i have ever heard it before.

Until then, i am so glad i know my Lord’s voice, most often heard in "a gentle whisper."

HERE! Presence Matters Most! 

No Invisible People! UNITY!

Pastor Kerry Willis



No comments: