Thursday, April 23, 2020

A Crying Declaration from the Psalmist

As we read the Psalms, the words there often become our own deep prayers. Often my own heart finds a friend at the end of the Psalm writer’s pen. 

Early this morning, i read what i would call, "A Cry from the Psalmist." It truly is his cry, but also beyond intercession, it is also a loud declaration:

"Lord, I cry out to you for help: "You are my place of safety. You are all I need in life." Psalms‬ ‭142:5‬ ‭ERV‬‬

Honestly, does your heart cry out to the Lord words of abandon like, "You are all i need in life?" The New Living Translation renders the cry of declaration even more intimately:

"Then I pray to you, O Lord. I say, "You are my place of refuge. You are all I really want in life." Psalms‬ ‭142:5‬ ‭NLT‬‬

It’s true, the Lord is all we need, but do we cry and declare, The Lord is all we really want?!

This song will help us to meditate on the question I’ve asked...

https://youtu.be/RdCOGwkhieg

HERE! Presence Matters Most!

No Invisible People! UNITY!

Pastor Kerry Willis



No comments: