Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Presence. Unity. Souls. Love.

As our new partnership adventure is underway with the Philadelphia District Church of the Nazarene, Kim and I are catching our breath for a few hours this morning at a lovely KOA campground outside of Allentown, Pennsylvania. We have zero phone service here, but enough internet service to upload my blog. Maybe?

This morning, Melanie, our district hero of the faith, treasurer and office manager, emailed me questions from our new web-page designer. I need to send some photos and edit a few things like our mission statement and vision statement. I have longed for this opportunity. 

As a local pastor, I had the joy of working and reworking mission and vision statements for 24 years. I also had the awesome privilege of seeing them become reality. Nevertheless, for the District here at Philadelphia, I will not offer mission and vision statements, only our mission and our vision and our passion and our strategy in four simple words. Yes, we will have a mission word, a vision word, a passion word and a strategy word. Clear words instead of mere statements. 

And yes, you, my blog readers, will know the info before the web page is completed. That way you can pray. 

So, here goes:

Our Mission: Presence
Our Vision: Unity
Our Passion: Souls
Our Strategy: Love

It may all seem simple, yet, don’t you agree, it’s profound as well? You are welcome. 

Pray we will powerfully and practically realize all four words for the glory of Jesus! The Nazarene!



Presence Matters Most!

Pastor Kerry Willis 

No comments: