Friday, July 27, 2018

Lost Souls

Ever since I was a very young boy, I have known the burden of lost souls. From the moment my own young mother, Lady Melba, found Christ when I was just six-years-old, she has been concerned about those who do not yet know Him as Savior. And so have I. 

In fact, my mom became a true and fervent intercessor in prayer for those who are perishing spiritually. Her friendship with Jesus is largely based on the undeniable burden she shares with Jesus for those who are sinking in sin.

Last evening, Lady Melba, and I, talked on the phone about the plague of lostness in our world today. Though she was in North Carolina at the time and I in Pennsylvania, the concern we both shared for never-dying souls was one in the same.

I served as a local pastor for 24 years in the same wonderful community. The longevity of that glorious assignment allowed me to see penitent tears shed for sin and souls saved. Nevertheless, now that I am an overseer of 50+ churches on the Philadelphia District Church of the Nazarene, the burden is heavier than ever and my passion is more obvious than ever to see those who are lost finally found.

Please join me in prayer today and day-after-day, partnering with Jesus in sacred intercession for eternal souls that will spend eternity either with Christ or without Him. 

I am reminded of the words written in 2 Peter 3:9, “He is not willing that anyone should perish but that everyone should come to repentance.“ (Another way of understanding repentance is turning around, as in turning from ultimate destruction.)

Thank you for being a partner with me on this blog. Remember the theme of my page: “How Beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news.“ Yes, Romans 10:15. Let us share the good news tenderly — in both word and deed — with those who do not yet have the hope of eternal life.


My Mom, Lady Melba and me, about the time she was saved and became a burdened intercessor for lost souls. 


Praying angels always remind me of my Mom praying for lost souls. 


Mask art piece created by a rehab patient who went from death to life spiritually.


This was the scene last night from my end as my mom and I anguished over lost souls on our phone conversation.

Presence Matters Most!
That is... Presence. Unity. Souls. Love. 

Pastor Kerry Willis 





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joined with you and Mrs. Melba in prayer

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

So appreciated.