Saturday, March 14, 2020

Jesus Touching a Leper and Social Distancing (COVID-19)

I will admit that this true story from the life of Jesus has been on my mind nonstop during all the hand-washing and social distancing talk surrounding the 2020 Coronavirus (COVID-19). I’m not trying to make a point. Just cannot get the picture of Jesus touching a leper out of my brain. Maybe it’s just me?

"When Jesus came down from the mountain, large crowds followed Him. And a leper came up to Him and bowed down before Him, saying, "Lord, if You are willing, You are able to make me clean (well)." Jesus reached out His hand and touched him, saying, "I am willing; be cleansed." Immediately his leprosy was cleansed. And Jesus said to him, "See that you tell no one [about this]; but go, show yourself to the priest [for inspection] and present the offering that Moses commanded, as a testimony (evidence) to them [of your healing]."" ‭‭Matthew‬ ‭8:1-4‬ ‭AMP‬‬

HERE! Presence Matters Most!

No Invisible People! UNITY!

Pastor Kerry Willis

2 comments:

Lea Valentine said...

I agree. Keeping frail people safe is important, and so is careful washing of hands, but this "social distancing" can easily be taken too far. God is on the throne. We need to be sure above all to let Him rule.

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

Amen. May we have the mind of Christ.