Wednesday, March 4, 2020

“Impatiently Waiting”

Recently, a friend of mine wrote: “I am impatiently waiting for summer evenings.” I messaged back: “Impatiently waiting is a wonderful oxymoron.” It’s a beautiful phrase to me; “impatiently waiting.” Doesn’t it kind of help describe our hearts and minds as Jesus-believers as we wait on the Lord’s Return?

One songwriter penned these words:

“O I want to see Him, look upon His face!”

I’d call that “impatiently waiting.” We are so anxious to see Him, but willing to wait until it’s time for us to step away from earth’s timetable and into eternity’s infinity. 

My Granny Margery had a sacred saying that I have paraphrased slightly and use it still to this day as my own heart’s cry:

“I’m ready to go, ready to stay. Ready for God to have His way!” Yes, that’s “impatiently waiting,” I suppose. (And His holy patience is helping me greatly.)

The Apostle Paul said it this way: 

“For to me, to live is Christ [He is my source of joy, my reason to live] and to die is gain [for I will be with Him in eternity]. ‭‭Philippians‬ ‭1:21‬ ‭AMP‬‬

HERE! Presence Matters Most!

No Invisible People! UNITY!

Pastor Kerry Willis

No comments: