Monday, January 20, 2020

Vision Is Still Essential 

Some words may well be labeled catch-words in Christianity, but "vision" is not one of them. At least not to me. 

From the beginning of my ministry, God challenged me to embrace the word "vision," even to add it to my actual pastoral title -- "vision pastor." So, for twenty-four years, every time I saw my business card, signed a letter, or sent an email, "vision pastor" was always present behind my name. 

Proverbs 29:18 (KJV) is the verse I always thought of (and still think of) whenever I encounter the word "vision." Here are the words from that verse: "Where there is no vision, the people perish!" 

So, "vision" is more than a catch-word for me, because every time the word meets my eyes, my ears or my thoughts, I am challenged and inspired not to lose focus of the main thing -- "perishing souls." John 3:16 -- "For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only son, that whoever believes in Him might not PERISH, but have everlasting life!" 

One more reason "vision" is more than a catch-word for me is that I have come to realize that just as "passion" is another word for "suffering" so "vision" is another word for "burden."

Enough said.

HERE! Presence Matters Most!

No Invisible People! UNITY! 

Pastor Kerry Willis 

No comments: