Friday, January 10, 2020

A New Year’s Letter to Leaders Alongside Me 

(This is a portion of a New Year’s letter I emailed to our Disitrict Staff and our District Advisory Board. I thought it might encourage and challenge those who also read my blog.) 

Dear Philadelphia District Leaders and Partners in "reaching the lost before it’s too late."(Read to the very end.) 

I pray and believe we will all experience a Holy New Year; as long as we belong exclusively to the Lord, it’s guaranteed.

As 2020 commences, I am praying that we will undeniably experience The Roaring 20s, in that, The Lion of Judah will roar for lost souls immediately on our behalf and for their own good and for His honor and glory, ultimately. 

Let us as district leaders lead the way and fervently pray. 

If we prove trustworthy in the practices that bring spiritual success -- loving, giving, believing, praying, faithfulness, holiness and attitude -- I am very sure the district will also experience spiritual success.

From Isaiah 6, these words must be the cry from each of our hearts, individually: "HERE i am, Lord, send me..." 

And, let’s add four words to Isaiah’s words, "HERE I am, Lord, send me...BEFORE IT’S TOO LATE!"

Words like these do not cause me spiritual panic, but do keep me ever-urgent as your district servant.

Finally...

Let the lower lights be burning,

Send a gleam across the wave.

Some poor, fainting, struggling seaman, you may rescue, you may save. 

-- P. Bliss‘ hymn, 1871

You are loved. I am grateful for you and for your leadership and partnership. 

HERE! Presence Matters Most!

No Invisible People! UNITY!

Pastor Kerry Willis 

No comments: