Wednesday, October 2, 2019

My Jesus-like Friend from Jesus’ Hometown

In the year 2000, I made my first journey to The Holy Land. On that trip I met Brother Nizar, an Arab Christian pastor from the hometown of Jesus, yes, he was actually born in the Biblical village called Nazareth. For 19 years we have deepened our relationship by me visiting him in Israel and by him visiting me in the United States. His wife, Katy, and their three children also very quickly found their way into my heart. 
Today, I picked Pastor Nizar and Katy up at the airport. We look forward to spending three days together, on purpose. It has only been a few hours that we have spent together and it’s already been a sacred retreat for my soul -- truly a reunion of God’s love between us is underway.
Sometimes we forget that we could perhaps most easily draw nearer to the Lord by spending some set-aside time together with faith-filled friends we would have never met without Jesus having brought us together in the first place.
Note: This year Pastor Nizar baptized two well-known Americans 1. NFL Quarterback, Deshaun Watson, and 2. famous pop-singer, Demi Lovato -- both in the Jordan River (at separate times, of course.) 



Presence Matters Most! No Invisible People!

UNITY!

Pastor Kerry Willis

No comments: