Sunday, October 6, 2019

Is Jesus Your Master?

I was once told by a hunting dog expert, that field trials for hunting dogs are not for showing how smart the dog is or even to show-off the dog’s athleticism or latest tricks. The sole purpose is to show the dog’s love for its master. In other words, obedience is a sure sign of love for the master. 

Our Master, Jesus spoke these words about obedience: 

"If you keep My commandments and obey My teaching, you will remain in My love, just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and remain in His love." ‭‭JOHN‬ ‭15:10‬ ‭AMP‬‬

To paraphrase, unless we obey the Lord, there’s no other way to prove our love for Him. Devoted obedience proves our love for our Master. And if we discontinue obedience we will not remain in right relationship with God. 

Let us pray: "Lord, help us to gladly obey everything You have to say! Amen!"

Obedience really matters, friends. Speaking of "friends," Jesus also said this:

"You are My friends if you keep on doing what I command you." ‭‭JOHN‬ ‭15:14‬ ‭AMP‬‬

So, when we obey what Jesus has said and what He is saying, it proves we love Him as our Master. Yes, and if we keep on obeying His commands, our Master continues to call us His "friends".

Jesus, unless You are our immediate Master, we will face eventual disaster. Cause us to love Your commands so that our love for You will be as undeniable as Your love is for us. Amen. 

Presence Matters Most! No Invisible People!

UNITY!

Pastor Kerry Willis

No comments: