Sunday, February 17, 2019

When Your Faith is in a Desperate Place... 

I was blesssed to preach four times over the weekend at the four worship services at our Philadelphia District’s flagship Nazarene church, Fairview Village. That’s right, the Village currently hosts four worship services -- one Saturday night and three on Sunday morning. So many dear souls were present. And they were so kind to give me open hearts as I shared the Gospel. The room was totally lit in Jesus-worship prior to my preaching. What a blessing! 

As I sought the Lord and the message He would have me to share, it was clear that I should preach "Faith Under Fire -- When Your Faith is in a Desperate Place!" 

Here are the three main points I preached passionately:

1. Faith in God Should Be Committed.

2. Faith in God Must Be Tested.

3. Faith in God Will Be Rewarded. 

One verse I shared are the words Jesus sent to John the Baptist when he was in a desperate place in his belief about Jesus. Hear those words:

Luke 7:23 GW -- "Whoever does not lose faith in me is indeed blessed."

In other words, when your faith is on trial, that’s the time to pray in full surrender to the Lord. Don’t get bitter. Get better. Don’t become offended in the way Jesus chooses to work or not to work in your life. Desire only increased intimacy with Jesus. Why? "Whoever does not lose faith in Jesus is indeed blessed!" Blessed equals REWARDED! Let’s keep on believing! 

Presence Matters Most!

That is... Presence. Unity. Souls. Love. 

Pastor Kerry Willis 



No comments: