Thursday, February 28, 2019

Let Us Pray... for One Another!

My Mom, Lady Melba, repeats a lovely line often to our family: "Let’s remember to pray one for the other." Surely, one advantage of being a Jesus-believer is being able to ask another believer for prayer and being ready to pray for other believers. It’s truly a double-blessing to me. 

I love James 5:16, especially from the Jubilee Translation of the Holy Bible: "Confess your faults one to another and pray for one another that you may be whole. The effectual prayer of the righteous is very powerful."

Let me encourage you to ask one or more Jesus-believers in your life how you can pray for them, today, and let them know how they can also pray for you.

Below is the message I sent to members of our district staff, today. I want to practice what I blog. 

“You are on my heart, District Staff. Usually, I mostly include you in my thanksgivings, but today, especially I sense I should ask you to share a specific way I can pray for you? Please share. No obligation, just opportunity. I will lift you and your request before The Throne of Mercy and as staff members we can also pray for one another. My own request is ‘for more of Jesus to be evident in my every expression.’ Grateful. pk”

Let us pray... for one another. 

Presence Matters Most!

That is... Presence. Unity. Souls. Love.

Pastor Kerry Willis 

No comments: