Monday, February 18, 2019

Four Winds Forecast -- "Extra Edition" -- February 18, 2019

Disclaimer: I generally post my email newsletters for our local district pastors also on my blog. Maybe, it’s helpful to the Philadelphia District and even Beyond.

February 18, 2019

Four Winds Forecast -- "Extra Edition"

Greetings Beloved Philadelphia District Pastors and Partners:

This is my first Four Winds Forecast -- "Extra Edition"... What do I mean by "Extra Edition" of my Four

Winds Forecast? Just that. I know I already sent out a February 14, 2019 email, but I have something extra to say. In fact, when you see "Extra Edition" it may have a very practical application suggestion. So, here goes, "Extra Edition" -- the maiden voyage. I will share just three ideas. 

1. "Familiar Grounds" will be meeting for Session #3 on Saturday, February 23, 2019, 2-4pm at Macungie Church of the Nazarene. (See attached document for more info.) If you are able to come, please do. You are not expected, only invited. It’s a valid option if you truly believe we are better together. 

2. Some have asked me from time-to-time, what my leadership expectations are as a "ds" for pastors and leaders on our district? It’s a fair question and I have, I believe, shared many of my leadership expectations by the way I live my life among you. Also, quite honestly, up to now, I have been primarily watching and listening to you as pastors and leaders to see what your practices as pastors and leaders actually are. 

After our first district assembly together, I hope to find a time in the next 12 months to speak with each local pastor and ministry leader to listen specifically to your leadership practices and to lovingly and passionately share some of my own leadership expectations going forward. Continuing the conversation will be good for you and for me. "As iron sharpens iron..."

For the overly curious, let me share one example of a leadership expectation I have. 

If it is your custom not to report what is required of you and your church by the District and the General Church of the Nazarene with excellence and on-time, to me that is a clear sign that there could be a spiritual issue you need to attend to. So, that is one small example of the things we will talk about together in the next church year. All hearts clear? Do you still love me? You have to love me if you want to go to Heaven. :) More later. Exhale. 

3. Now, to the main reason I wrote this Four Winds Forecast -- "Extra Edition" in the first place. 

An invested member of the district recently told me -- rather candidly and unsolicited -- something akin to this: "Pastor Kerry, our preachers need a lot of help." Okay. I heard that. I didn’t ask for specific details, because I am a preacher and in essence the comment is spot-on. We do need a lot of help. So, let me give a specific application to that general comment that I know will help any and all preachers. It really will. 

You ready? Okay. Here goes. 

I ask you to take the Scripture below and print it on small slips of paper and to give it to each person who attends your church THIS SUNDAY (and/or over the next few Sundays.) Just do it. Distribute it right before you preach and ask for people to personalize it towards you as a preacher as you preach, asking them to please pray over you as a preacher, continuously. 

Throughout my own ministry as a local pastor, I practically made this simple, but profound, application to my congregation on multiple occasions. It is an exercise in humility that brings power from On-High to us as preachers. It will, without doubt, add clarity to the weekly messages you bring on behalf of Jesus, The Nazarene. 

I once turned the passage into neat, little bookmarks. Do as you please. (Perhaps some will simply and profoundly have the passage projected on the screen, from now on, each time you come to the sacred desk to declare the Word of the Lord.) 

But please don’t ignore my practical suggestion, altogether. That could,

in and of itself, point to a possible deeper spiritual issue. How’s that, Mr. ds? As preachers here below, we ALL need A LOT of help from Up Above. 

My name is Kerry and I’m your friend. 

Here’s the Scripture:

Ephesians 6:19-20 

(19) Pray also for me, that whenever I speak, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel, (20) for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly as I should. (NIV)

Lord, please add Your holy blessings to our humble requests for Your Help as preachers. May our preaching be fruitful with souls being saved and sanctified and sent to see other souls saved and sanctified. In the Name of Jesus. Amen. 

And yes, I will send some district dates again in this "Extra Edition":

We are better together... We really are!

FEBRUARY

* Feb. 19 District Nominating Committee 5 p.m., then DAB Meeting 6 p.m. / Royersford, 

* Feb. 23 Familiar Grounds / Saturday at 2 p.m. at Macungie, PA

* Feb. 25 District Assembly Team Meeting / Lansdale, PA Noon - 2 p.m.

MARCH

* Mar. 2 Board of Ministry Meetings with Ordinands / Fairview Village, PA 

* Mar. 11 PCDC / Fairview Village at 9 a.m. - 1 p.m. 

* Mar. 19 Finance Committee 5 p.m., then DAB Meeting / Royersford, PA 

* Mar. 24 - 26 Pastor Kerry in Revival / Pennsville, NJ 

* Mar. 30 - Chic Shaver Seminar / Lavelle, PA (Contact Lavelle details)

* Mar. 28-31 Festival of Life / ENC

APRIL

* Apr. 1 PCDC / Fairview Village, PA at 9 a.m. - 1 p.m. 

* Apr. 6 District Ladies Retreat

* Apr. 14 / Palm Sunday

* Apr. 21 Easter / Resurrection Day

MAY

* May 2-4 District Conventions and Assembly "The Gathering" at Lansdale, PA & Ordination at Fairview Village, PA Friday Evening. BE THERE!

* May 18-20 Pastor Kerry in Revival / New Holland, PA 

* May 21 Lordship/Stewardship Lifestyle Training Workshop for Local Pastors and Church Leaders led by Pastor Kerry / Royersford, PA 10 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. (More Details to Come.) 

* May 24-26 Pastor Kerry preaching Erma Memorial Day Campmeeting / NJ

JUNE

* June 3 PCDC / Fairview Village, PA at 9 a.m. - 1 p.m. 

* June 9-12, Pastor Kerry in Revival / Mifflinburg, PA  

* June 24-28 NYI Camp / Dallas, PA

* June 30 p.m. -July 6 a.m. Philadelphia Family Campmeeting Gathering/ Erma Camp, Cape May, NJ (More Details to Come.)

JULY

* July 11-15, Children’s Camp

* July 19-28, Erma Holiness Association Campmeeting, NJ

AUGUST

* Aug. 17-19, Pastor Kerry in Revival / Pennington Grace, NJ

* Aug. 30-31 NYI Back-to-School / Camel Back Resort 

SEPTEMBER

* Sept. 15-17, Pastor Kerry in Revival / Selinsgrove, PA

* Sept. 22-24, Pastor Kerry in Revival / Ephrata Grace Point, PA  

* Sept. 28 Gospelrama Philadelphia

OCTOBER

(Stay tuned.)

NOVEMBER

* Nov. 3-5 Pastor Kerry in Revival / Lansdale, PA Immanuel

* Nov. 22-23 MAC (TBD)

DECEMBER 

* Dec. 14 District Pastors & Leaders Christmas Brunch TBD


Presence Matters Most!

That is... Presence. Unity. Souls. Love. 

Pastor Kerry Willis

District Superintendent

www.PhilaNaz.org







No comments: