Monday, February 11, 2019

The Galilee

I love the Sea of Galilee in the Holy Land. Most of the earthly ministry of Jesus happened along its shores. I have been blessed to visit there fifteen times. I hope to go many more times. I even host a yearly November gathering along the coast of my native North Carolina called "Project Galilee".

Today in Kansas City, Dr. Eugenio Duarte, from Cape Verde Islands, Africa, and general superintendent in the Church of the Nazarene preached from the words of the resurrected Jesus -- His words spoken first before His death and repeated again by the angel at the empty tomb and sent by Mary Magdalene to redirect His disillusioned disciples -- words telling them "He Himself was going ahead of them to the Galilee." He invited them to meet Him there. Talk about Good News! (Matthew 26:32/Mark 16:7)

Anyway, my own heart was wondrously warmed during Dr. Duarte’s Galilee message. Find below some thoughts from today and some photos on and around the sacred sea from my past discipleship journeys. Be encouraged. Jesus goes before us, still.















Presence Matters Most!
That is... Presence. Unity. Souls. Love.
Pastor Kerry Willis 

No comments: