Friday, February 22, 2019

All People Matter to God

I’ve had this thought strong on my mind -- "all people matter to God."

While in Kansas City recently, I could sense Jesus in me seeking to love others through me. By "to love others through me," I mean, "to love people who were complete strangers to me." 

For example, my two Uber drivers. (1) Philip is a Vietnam vet. We talked of the pain of life and the goodness of God. I could tell by the time he dropped me off, Philip felt valued by God. (2) And Ahmad, an immigrant from Afghanistan. He told me he didn’t practice his religion anymore. I told him not to worry because since God gave His Son for us, he could just seek a right relationship with God instead. He was moved deeply. Pray that he will do just that. I believe the good seed found good soil.

And then there was my Delta flight attendant, Wendy, from Alabama. Early in the flight she told me she loved my silver cross pendant. We talked a few moments about Jesus. At the end of the flight, she came by my seat again and gave me a $25 gift card and said: "Each flight I ask God who I am to give a gift card to. Today, it’s you!" 

Wow! Even I matter to God. 

Reminds me of the time Pastor Joseph, our local church worship leader, was sitting at the piano with his then toddler, Miranda. They were singing "Jesus loves me" when all of a sudden she stopped and proclaimed aloud "Jesus loves ME!"

Think on this. 

Presence Matters Most! 

That is... Presence. Unity. Souls. Love. 

Pastor Kerry Willis 



No comments: