Monday, February 4, 2019

Capt. Billy Willis -- "A Witness"

This morning I had a 3-hour drive from Cape May to the north-west beyond Philadelphia. I searched through some old CDs in my vehicle and found my Dad’s testimony interview that my son, Grayson, and I produced for our frontporchtalks.com podcast back in 2012. Hearing it again was such a blessing, especially since Dad went to be present with the Lord in 2014. What a tender and true encouragement his testimony was and still is.

One thing my dad said was this: "I am by no means a minister, but I am ‘a witness’ of Jesus. As dad spoke I could hear the echo of Jesus’ words recorded in Acts, chapter 1, verse 8: "You will be my witnesses!" My Dad, Capt. Billy, surely was "a witness." He did not push anything on anyone, nevertheless, he loved when he had an opportunity to tell others all that Jesus had done for him, personally.

Being "a witness" who belongs to Jesus is important to others and important to us. How will others know that Jesus is the way to hope everlasting, unless we tell them. Also, in Revelation, we are told that we overcome the deceiver of our souls by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of our testimony --by the Atonement of Jesus and by being "a witness" of Jesus. 

While God called me in 2018 from being primarily "a witness" in Virginia USA to primarily testifying on the witness stand in and around Philadelphia USA , my son, Grayson, is still primarily witnessing through the podcast in Virginia. If you have not visited frontporchtalks.com in a while or ever, I would encourage you to do it today. You can listen to a new testimony or you can scroll back and listen to older ones. Take it from me, hearing others witness about the goodness of the Lord will lift your soul and will give you a greater desire to simply and profoundly be "a witness."

Presence Matters Most!

That is... Presence. Unity. Souls. Love.

Pastor Kerry Willis 


No comments: