Tuesday, July 30, 2013

To Try or to Trust?

  1. ’Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus,
    Just to take Him at His Word;
    Just to rest upon His promise,
    And to know, “Thus saith the Lord!”
    • Refrain:
      Jesus, Jesus, how I trust Him!
      How I’ve proved Him o’er and o’er;
      Jesus, Jesus, precious Jesus!
      Oh, for grace to trust Him more!
  2. Oh, how sweet to trust in Jesus,
    Just to trust His cleansing blood;
    And in simple faith to plunge me
    ’Neath the healing, cleansing flood!
  3. Yes, ’tis sweet to trust in Jesus,
    Just from sin and self to cease;
    Just from Jesus simply taking
    Life and rest, and joy and peace.
  4. I’m so glad I learned to trust Thee,
    Precious Jesus, Savior, Friend;
    And I know that Thou art with me,
    Wilt be with me to the end.

    --Louisa Stead

    To try or to trust? Yes, that is the question! Trusting is more beneficial than trying.

    Grateful 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

And more peaceful. Thanks for the much needed reminder.

Mark

Martin LaBar said...

A great song. So is "Trust and Obey."

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

Amen and Amen.