Thursday, July 25, 2013

"The Most Awesome of Gifts"

After spending the night in the ER with his wife, Lori, who was experiencing severe abdominal pain due to gall bladder complications, my brother Billy Joe, sent me this message this morning:

"When Jesus promised He would send the Comforter, He promised us the most awesome of Gifts."

What a wonderful message, and what an awesome reality. Even through long, dark nights of pain and suffering, the comfort our Lord promised is present and presiding in our lives.

Following my own physical challenges last week, while the pain for now has subsided mostly, I am still somewhat weak. This morning when my brother sent me those "SWEET 16" words above, it added new strength to my heart, mind, soul, and body.

Of course, my brother, is referring to the promise made by Jesus on the eve of His Crucifixion. In John 14:16-17, hear that promise for your own life:

"16 And I will pray the Father, and He shall give you another Comforter, that He may abide with you for ever; 17 Even the Spirit of Truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth Him not, neither knoweth Him: but ye know Him; for He dwelleth with you, and shall be in you." (KJV)

Thank you Father God, for Jesus, our Elder Brother, Who did not leave us as orphans but sent The Comforter, The Holy Spirit, to be with us and to live in us. Amen.

Grateful

1 comment:

KLW said...

Jesus is our comforter and it's at the cross where
he died that we can lay our burdens down.