Saturday, July 20, 2013

A New Perspective on Suffering

This past week the Lord has allowed and continues to allow me a new perspective on pain, yes especially physical suffering. Because of this new vision, I sense I am now able to appreciate to a greater degree the beatings, the severe physical punishment, and the brutal crucifixion that our Suffering Savior experienced. How His Holy Heart must have flinched in unspeakable terror.

Yes, my heart is experiencing blessed brokenness like never before. It's a good thing. Not easy, but good. In it all, I have only been able to cry out: "Thank You, Jesus. Thank You for what You willingly endured to save our souls from sin and eternal damnation. And forgive me for not thinking more often of the awful price of suffering You paid so that my soul might not perish forever."

Holiness Unto YOU, my LORD! I worship You, in the beauty of Your Holiness. 

I love you so much, Lord, because You first Loved me TOO MUCH!
Grateful 

No comments: