Sunday, July 14, 2013

Rain, Pain and Gain.

This summer has been the rainiest season I remember for the eastern states of the USA. Yesterday, a teen sent a message out over Twitter saying "I am tired of the beach. It rains all the time." I replied, "It's raining everywhere." Well, "everywhere" at least in the region of the world we live in.

I am personally experiencing a season of pain, too. A few weeks ago, I slipped in my garage (rain had dripped from our vehicle on the cement) and strained my back. I give thanks that I somehow didn't fall and bust my head wide open, but still I've had an aggravated sciatic nerve (I'm diagnosing myself) ever since. It mostly provides discomfort in my back, but the pain runs down my right leg as well. I've taken plenty of ibuprofen for some relief and was anointed for healing by four pastors last week. Still, while the pain is manageable most of the time, it's still making me somewhat weary.

Yesterday, I drove 400 miles so I can preach seven times at The South Carolina Wesleyan Campmeeting at Table Rock, South Carolina. It was a lovely ride. Especially, the last three hours of the ride were breath-taking. Coming through the Carolina Mountains is so inspiring to my soul. I arrived around 8 p.m. and though I was like the first one to get here, I had a welcoming committee of one -- yes, a precious little beagle puppy. It touched my heart deeply.

I made my way into the lodge and found my room. A full laundry basket of snack foods, soft drinks, fruit, etc. greeted me. What a blessing. I like it here at the lodge. I had athe privilege of preaching here several summers ago. The room is very clean with oak furniture and bright decor. I have my own bathroom and linings are provided. There's even a kitchen just a few steps from my door. While I do have phone service and Internet, there is no TV in the room, which is a blessing, indeed. So after I arrived, I enjoyed a quiet evening of settling in and fell asleep praying for the mind of Christ.

So, I've talked about the rain and my pain, now I want to ask for your prayers. Yes, I want my time here to bring about gain for the Kingdom of God. As I write, rain continues to hit the window outside my room. And yes, my pain is still present, but all of that is secondary to the spiritual reason I am here. I will speak for the first service of the campmeeting at 6 p.m. this evening. It's an open air tabernacle in the shadow of Table Rock -- a lovely setting, indeed.

I do believe I have the mind of Christ -- the message He desires me to preach. It's a new message for me. As a matter of fact, I have been saturating in the passages for over a year and have been carving out the presentation over the last 2-3 hours. Please pray that the souls will be open to hear "what saith the Lord" through me. I remain His humble but willing messenger.

Perhaps for this preaching engagement, the Lord knows without some rain on the outside and my pain on the inside, there would be no gain for eternity? I'm good with that, as long as He is.

"Deo Volente" is my prayer. Yes, "Whatever God Wants!"
Grateful

Note: My text for tonight is Matthew 11:28 and John 15:4. Please pray for favor. Thanks for my friends who have already let me know they are with me in the Spirit of prayer. I am humbled.

   

No comments: