Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Weary Prisoners of Sin? Yield Now to Jesus!

If I am a slave to myself (my disposition of sin, my right to myself), I am to blame because at a point a way back I yielded to myself. If I obey God I do so because I have yielded myself to Him. Yielding to Jesus will break every form of slavery in human life.
-- Oswald Chambers

All who are weary prisoners of sin are invited to yield now to Jesus! Listen to the wonderful words of Jesus recorded in Matthew 11:28, yes, hear Him calling out to all who are burdened and in bondage: Come to Me, and I will give you rest!

Lord, help us to yield only to You, because whatever and whoever we yield to takes control of our lives. We want to be controlled only by Your holy, perfect love never by human, perverted lusts. Teach us to yield to You, embracing sanctification, lest we yield to sin when in temptation. Let us not become prisoners of anything except Your holy, perfect love. In Your Matchless Name, we pray. Amen.

Don’t you know that if you offer to be someone’s slave, you must obey that master? Either your master is sin, or your master is obedience. Letting sin be your master leads to death. Letting obedience be your master leads to God’s approval.

-- Romans 6:16 (GWT)

Holiness Unto The LORD!
Grateful

2 comments:

Stephen said...

Read that quote myself today brother. Love you man.
Stephen

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

Yep. I started my day in OC's My Utmost.