Thursday, March 8, 2012

Precious In His Sight

This morning my phone rang at 6:02 a.m. It was the voice of David, calling from the local hospital to say his precious wife of 56 years, Anna Mary, had just passed the line of worlds and was now in the full realized presence of the Lord. She had been sick for quite a while and this morning she drew her last breath on planet earth as her husband held her hand and one of her sons was also close by.

I arrived at the hospital about 15 minutes after the call. Once all five of the children arrived, I listened as the family praised God and cherished the life they had shared together as a family. The moments were very tender. One of my partners in ministry, Pastor Jim, also soon arrived. Before leaving, we all gathered in a circle around the hospital bed as he prayed a very comforting prayer.

I'm back at home now. One verse is so very strong on my mind:
Precious in the sight of the Lord
is the death of His faithful ones.
-- Psalm 116:15 (GWT)

Click here: JESUS LOVES THE LITTLE CHILDREN - YouTube

We are precious in His sight, in life and in passing to life eternal.
Grateful

No comments: