Friday, March 30, 2012

Good Friday Preview

As we look forward to one week from today, Good Friday, let's preview the seven sayings of our Lord while being crucified.

(1) Luke 23:34-- "Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing."

(2) Luke 23:43 -- "I tell you the truth, today you will be with Me in paradise."

(3) John 19:26-27 -- "Dear woman, here is your son, here is your mother."

(4) Matthew 27:46/Mark 15:34 -- “Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani?” that is, “My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?”

(5) John 19:28 -- "I am thirsty."

(6) John 19:30 -- "It is finished!"

(7) Luke 23:46 -- "Father, into Your hands I commit My spirit."

Let us say to our Loving Lord, we will never forget You or Your words.
Grateful

2 comments:

Martin LaBar said...

It's always good to review those.

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

"I thirst" really got me this year.