Sunday, May 30, 2010

Stop And Feed The Horses Along the Way

Pastor Jim is a partner in minstry alongside me. Pastor Jim's specialty is caring for others. Recently, my wife and I spent a day with him and his wife in Oberrammergau, Germany. We were there to attend the world famous, 400-year-old Passion Play that communicates the last four days in the life of our Lord, including His Crucifixion and Resurrection. While the play is an amazing event of inspiration, a highlight for me happened as the four of us walked towards the Passion Play Theatre. It was a simple moment, but full of wonder for me. What happened? Pastor Jim, who is known for his love of Creator God and also for his love of God's creation of horses, stopped along a fence line to feed four of his newest four-legged friends. Yes, grabbing big handfuls of tall grass along the outer side of the fence, Pastor Jim provided each of the four, four-legged animals a mouth full of unexpected nouishment. Somehow his spontaneous act of kindness touched me deeply. Yes, he obviously fed the horses' stomaches, but he also fed my soul. Maybe it was his boyish grin that inspired me most. All I can say it this: It's all joy to spend time with a person who loves Creator God and cares for God's creation, whether the creations happen to be two-legged or four. If you ever get a chance? Stop and feed the horses along your way.

IF MY PEOPLE... WILL? I WILL! God's Promise in 2 Chron. 7:14.
Grateful

2 comments:

Bethany said...

He's always led by example, and I'm so proud to call him Dad. Your story made me want to cry, but only out of anticipation of seeing my parents soon. Thanks for sharing this. You should ask him to draw you a picture of a horse. He definitely has a soft place in his heart for them.

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

Your dad is a hero of the faith to me and to many. He loves his family. I love his family too. :-)