Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The Cost of Encouraging Others

I have learned that the cost of encouraging others is the raw reality of being chased by discouragement shortly thereafter, yes, usually the next morning. Still, I embrace with my whole being the gift that God has entrusted to me, yes the gift of encouraging others on His behalf.

Lord, cause Your Joy to be my strength as I encourage others and when discouragement comes chasing after me, may it only serve to run me further into Your refreshing presence. In the name of Jesus. Amen.

If your gift is to encourage others, do it!
-- Romans 12:8 (NLT)

IF MY PEOPLE... WILL? I WILL! God's Promise in 2 Chron. 7:14.
Grateful

8 comments:

James Spruill said...

Good word Titus 2Cor 7:6 jfs

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

God is Faithful and He will be our Encouragement, yes even through one another.

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

Amen.

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

Amen.

Martin LaBar said...

So encouragement comes at a cost? That's important.

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

Worth the cost, too. Blessings Martin.

Mark Spruill said...

Pastor Kerry,

The encouragement you have so often given me means even more today. May God bless you.

Mark

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

Mark, your comment is just proof positive to me that encouraging others is always worth the cost, brother. And I am grateful for you likewise. How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news! Amen. Godspeed.