Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Lord, Give Me Your Eyes.

The Lord is teaching me to pray today through Colossians 1:24:

Now I rejoice in what was suffered for you, and I fill up in my flesh what is still lacking in regard to Christ’s afflictions, for the sake of His body, which is the church. (NIV)

But part of my work is to suffer for you; and I am glad, for I am helping to finish up the remainder of Christ’s sufferings for His body, the Church. (TLB)

I pray that the Lord will allow me to enter His agony in my prayer life. Why? I want to see the world He died for from His perspective. He invites you and me to share in the fellowship of His sufferings when we pray. Surely, if we see from His perspective while on our knees, we will walk into the world and make it different.

I don't know about you, but I now pray fervently the words of the contemporary Christian song by Brandon Heath: Lord, give me Your eyes. Amen.

Click here: YouTube - Brandon Heath - Give Me Your Eyes

Pray all the time. Ask God for anything in line with the Holy Spirit’s wishes. -- Ephesians 6:18 (TLB)

IF MY PEOPLE... WILL? I WILL! God's Promise in 2 Chron. 7:14.
Grateful

5 comments:

Marcus O'Malley said...

liked the song a lot before, even more now seeing that video. Wow - give me Your eyes, Lord!

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

We must enter His pain. Instead of listing our own prayer requests over and over, it's time to ask God for His and then to join Him in initmate intercession and suffering through prayer and presence to indeed make this world different for His glory. Amen.

pastor paul said...

God has answered our prayers Brother Kerry. It's really amazing how specific God has spoken and that's what I needed Him to do. Thanks for your prayers, love and friendship!!

loving Jesus!

Martin LaBar said...

Agony? Wow.

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

God is so faithful, Paul!!! Jeremiah 29:11 is underway in your life.

And Martin, it is grace amazing how Christ is still agonizing over the world He died for, in that He is our Intercessor/Advocate at the right hand of the Father. Let us become One with His Heart in His agonizing for souls. Amen.