Sunday, May 30, 2010

Emmanuel in Emmaus

On a visit to the Holy Land, new Bible lessons are learned moment-by-moment. Until I stood at the end of the Road to Emmaus I had never considered that Emmaus and Emmanuel come from the same root word meaning "God is With Us."

In Luke 24 the beautiful story is recorded. Yes, at the end of their journey from Jerusalem to Emmaus following the death and burial of their Lord, The Risen Savior (who had been with the two downcast disciples all along their weary walk without them realizing it) suddenly revealed Himself to them. Yes, Emmanuel was revealed at the end of The Emmaus Road! Wow!

IF MY PEOPLE... WILL? I WILL! God's Promise in 2 Chron. 7:14.
Grateful

3 comments:

James Spruill said...

All Praise to our King!!!

Unknown said...

PK,
Your Holy Land pics are amazing! I get goosebumps of joy just looking at them and realizing how awesome Jesus is! Praise be to God. I want to go over there sometime too! Pastor Jim told me not to wait till I get older though. LOL.

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog, James and Noah. Our 2010 pilgrimage to the Land of our Lord was so amazing, indeed.