Monday, September 16, 2019

Holiness = Possession 

Jesus isn’t primarily looking for followers since Pentecost came. Because He wants Holiness to happen, He’s now looking for sanctuaries. Yes, Holiness is all about Who owns us and Who indwells us. In other words, Holiness equals possession.

Jesus calls us beyond merely imitating Him to increased intimacy with Him. Yes, it’s ownership of us and oneness with us that He wants and what He wants is what we need. 

Let us not live beneath the inheritance line He has lovingly afforded us. In John 15:4, His invitation is clear: "Live in Me and I will live in You!" That’s more than follower-talk. That’s possession-language. 

Holiness is indeed what I long for, Jesus. Ever-increasing intimacy with You. I want You to totally own me. I want to be one with You. I want to be exclusively Yours. It is all joy for me to say: "Yes, Lord, I’ll be Your Holy Place. Make Your home and set up Your Throne in me!" 

Presence Matters Most! No Invisible People!

UNITY!

Pastor Kerry Willis 


No comments: