Saturday, March 9, 2019

Some Days I’m More Sentimental Than Others, Even Homesick  

Some days I’m more sentimental than others. Like today. While I absolutely love being in Cape May, New Jersey, I still miss our son in Virginia, our daughter and son-in-law and even our grand-dog in North Carolina. I miss my Mom along the shores of the Outer Banks and my brothers and their families in their homes away from home. I miss many other loved ones -- friends and relatives -- that have been present throughout my lifetime. I especially miss my Dad and Grandparents in Heaven. Earlier today, I ached with a longing to see for the first time ever the face of my Jesus. Someday I will. 

So, you see I was being vulnerable when l confessed that I am at times quite sentimental, yes, very tender, even overly emotional. Maybe the best way to say it is "I get homesick for that Place where I will one day be in never-to-be-broken-again relationships with the One and the ones I love." These things shared truly make up my deepest eternal desires. 

Being sentimental leads me almost always to being grateful -- deeply grateful to my Father God for loving the world, even me, so very much that He willingly gave His only Son to come to earth and make a way, even to be the Way, for my deepest eternal desires to one day become possible. That’s why I testify often: “My God’s Name is Faith and my name of Grateful!”

Presence Matters Most!

That is... Presence. Unity. Souls. Love. 

Pastor Kerry Willis 

2 comments:

James Spruill said...

Me too, The older I get the more I reach for home.

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

Love you Pastor James. We will be together forever and in the Sunmer, too, Lord willing.