Tuesday, March 26, 2019

"Faithful Witnesses"

Do you dream at night? I often do. I awoke this morning with a dream underway. I was dreaming about my Granddaddy Gray and his brother who looked like his twin but was three years younger, Uncle Elton. I was in the church of my childhood located on The Old Ferry Dock Road, the Free Grace Pilgrim Holiness Church (it later became known as the Wesleyan Church) on Harkers Island, North Carolina. In my dream, I was standing in the sanctuary giving a personal testimony to an overflowing crowd about the faithfulness of my Granddaddy and Uncle. What’s unique about this dream is this: I remember mostly only the last four words that I was passionately speaking in my testimony. I ended by saying: "They were faithful witnesses!" 

Now, that I’m awake, I cannot get those words off of my mind. And ever since, Acts 1:8, is accented in my thinking, yes, the words of Jesus: "You will be My witnesses!"

When I was 20, around 1981, I sang in a Nazarene church singing group known as "The New Beginning Singers." We performed a musical in different churches titled "The Witness." I sang several solos, believe it or not, but the main song I sang had these lyrics: "I love you, Lord... and I’ll be Your witness to the end of my life!" Those words became my heart’s desire and still continues to this day. Like my testimony about my Grandaddy Gray and Uncle Elton, I long to forever be faithful in my witness of Jesus. Do you long to be His faithful witness? Lord, help us to be Your Faithful Witnesses! Yes, for forever and today! 

Here’s the song I spoke of from that 1981 Musical, "The Witness:" 

https://youtu.be/aj1NQjnhtuE

Presence Matters Most!

That is... Presence. Unity. Souls. Love.

Pastor Kerry Willis 

No comments: