Saturday, March 16, 2019

A Pastor’s Beautiful and Vulnerable Prayer Request 

Today, I received a beautiful and vulnerable prayer request from our newest pastor on the Philadelphia District, Pastor Frank Soufant, who is just beginning his ministry at our Maranatha Haitian Church in Philadelphia. 

Below is what he asked me to pray for him as he anticipates this new beginning in his life. Please join both of us in praying this prayer even now... 

"O Pastor Willis, 

Pray that I continue to humble myself under the mighty hand of God, and receive the wealth of his grace in Jesus Christ.

That I keep my mouth from flippancy and triviality.

That I cease to be great in my own eyes and become small that he might appear great. A broken and contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.

That he pour into my empty heart such a love as I have never known. 

That there will arise freely and joyfully a sense of gratitude so genuine and so visible that God will be greatly magnified as the merciful giver of everything I have and am.

I appreciate the opportunity to serve under your leadership, and am looking forward to learning a great deal from you. God Bless You. Pray for me!

Pastor Frank"

Presence Matters Most!

That is... Presence. Unity. Souls. Love.

Pastor Kerry Willis 

No comments: