Sunday, March 17, 2019

I Am a Debtor

In Romans 1:14, (NKJV), the Apostle Paul began the verse with these four words: "I am a debtor..."

These four words have been an essential part of my own testimony ever since I first called on the Lord to save me from my sins. 

It’s all true. I owe my life, even my all, to my Good and Great God and as a result of His amazing grace and awesome mercy towards me, "I am a debtor", indeed, and not only to Him, but also to everyone else. Yes, I obviously now owe everything to God and I owe it to everyone else everywhere I go to be a wholehearted witness of the Hope He has extended towards me through His Son, Jesus.

In Acts 1:8, Jesus speaks five more words: "...you will be my witnesses!" His Holy Spirit is with and within us to make sure we make good on our debt of Love by living lives of Love and loyalty in His Name that we might point all others to our Lord who loves everyone. 

So I passionately pray:

Lord, you gave Your life, yes, Your all for me. How can I offer less that my life and my all for You!? I cannot. I must not. I will not. Please possess me -- own me and occupy me. My reason for breathing moment-by-moment is that Your Presence might be manifested in and through me to the world. Because "I am a debtor" to You, I owe my life, my all, first to You and second to others as Your willing witness. Get glory from my story. In Your Name, Jesus, I pray. Amen.

Presence Matters Most!

That is... Presence. Unity. Souls. Love. 

Pastor Kerry Willis 

No comments: